To make the best choice for an oil field injury lawyer, you will need:
- An attorney with experience dealing with the intricacies of oil field injury law.
- You need an attorney with expertise. Ask them how long they have been doing work in this field?
- It will be best to find a board certified lawyer so you know you have a good quality attorney.
- An attorney with the financial resources to see the case to the end, since they do not collect fees unless they win.
- Hire an attorney that starts you with a free consultation.
- Do a background check on the attorney by reaching out to the State Bar of Texas (if in Texas). Get references.
The demand for oil and gas is increasing these days. Anyone working the oil field industry is at high risk for accidents, injuries, and even death. If policies are not followed properly, it can lead to serious problems for workers. If regular maintenance of equipment is not enforced, that’s where injuries take place. Oil and gas injuries are the most dangerous and fatal in the country. Those that work in the oil field industry have a fatality rate 7 times higher than the rate for any other U.S. worker combined.
Some of the common areas where oil injury law suits arise include:
Company failure to take reasonable precautions
Improper employee training
Improper maintenance of equipment
Defective products & machinery
Drug & alcohol abuse
After an accident, it is important to work with an experienced legal team that can collect and preserve all necessary evidence for your case including physical evidence, accident reports, corporate documentation, witness statements, and expert opinions. A good lawyer will begin an immediate investigation to identify the cause of the accident and pursue claims against all liable parties.
When someone has been injured by an oil field accident it is usually a severe injury. Sometimes the injuries lead to death. This is why is it is critical to find a good lawyer that can help you and your loved ones get the compensation needed to deal with the unique situation. The one injured is often the bread-winner for the family so compensation is extremely important. You need a lawyer that will fight for you so that you get full compensation due to lost wages, medical care, suffering, long-term care needs, and other financial losses sustained. It is worth it to take the time to find a good lawyer with experience, expertise, and one will sit and listen to your case. Find a lawyer you can connect with, who cares, and who will be with you to the end.